1/2/3/4 oz Mulberry Silk Lap Fiber Hand Dyed - silk fibers for spinning - fibre for felting, silk for wet felting - cocoon sheet, silk brick
This listing is for a beautiful 'A' grade mulberry silk lap and can be stretched 3-4 times it width.
Uses: Fantastic for needle felting, wet felting, mixed media artists, soap and paper making etc.
This lap has been professionally hand-dyed and is ready to use as you wish . The possibilities are endless, you can choose to spin this into beautiful yarn, you can simply pull the fibers and knit it as is or felt it on to your softest roving to create shine and texture.
These also make beautiful silk papers and soaps for all you crafters out there.
Treat yourself to the best !
****More Info about the product***
This wonderful hand dyed silk comes in a soft loose sheet. Fibres can be easily separated and added to any project.
Stretched out as it is to open up the wonderful texture, or peeled off in thin layers to add to your creations.
Cut to make any fibre length you like before pulling, peeling or stretching.
* Small clusters of silk make interesting textural highlights added to any needle felted, wet felted, or stitched work.
* The stretched lap can be overplayed or incorporated into wet felted pictures, bags, cushions, fabric books etc.
* Pieces or lengths of silk can be couched (stitched) in place on your finished, wet or needle felted work to add interest.
* Added to batts to give a wonderful lustre.
* For the mixed media art work the possibilities are endless!
Its definitely a must for anyone wanting to add an extra special textured sparkle to their work :)
Item will be shipped from India
|Destination||Cost (USD)||With Another Item (USD)|
Accepted payment methods
knitsilk yarns's shop accepts the following forms of payment: